Coretec is one of the market-leading brands when it comes to vinyl plank flooring. The brand is known for durability and innovation. Coretec Grande is one of the newest Coretec lines and it took Vinyl Plank limits to new heights. After comparing over 20 main flooring brands on the overall thickness and wear layer thickness, we chose Coretec Grande as the best vinyl plank line of the year. In this review, we are going to go through all aspects of the flooring including Durability, Pricing, Style, Coretec Grande reviews, and more.
Keep reading to find out What makes Coretec Grande stand out from all the other luxury vinyl planks products on the market.
Disclaimer: Please note this post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click at no extra cost to you. All recommendations and opinions remain our own.
Styles and Specifications
The Coretec Grande collection consists of ten unique lines which have almost an identical look to Hardwood flooring. The 10 designs are; Willis Oak, Goldin Oak, Petronas Oak, Khalifa Oak, Makkah Oak, Lotte Oak, Empire Oak, Marina Oak, Hamra Oak, and Vista Oak.
Coretec uses advanced paint bevels, embossing, and ultra-realistic visuals to make their planks look very similar to real hardwood flooring whilst being 100% waterproof.
The Grande line features multi-layer construction with a strong WPC Core. The Planks come in XXL sizes, up to 82 inches long and 9 inches wide, probably the longest and widest plank available on the market. This also makes Coretec Grande look and feel like real hardwood.
What makes Coretec Grande truly stand out is the thickness of the planks from this line. Coretec Grande is 15mm thick, which is thicker than any other Vinyl Plank on the market. Additionally, Coretec Grande has a 30mil wear layer which is also industry-leading.
Furthermore, Coretec Grande comes with a pre-attached 3mm Cork underlayment that is naturally resistant to odor-causing mold and mildew.
Starting at $10.99 per square foot, Coretec Grande is one of the most expensive Vinyl Planks on the market. However, it is also the thickest and probably the most durable option in 2022. You may find it cheaper at some independent retailer stores. In summary, you have to pay a premium for the high quality of the Grande collection.
Coretec vs Other brands
|Brand / Line||Overall Thickness||Wear Layer||Price per Square Foot||Warranty|
Residential / Commercial
|Coretec Grande||15 mm||30 mil||$10.99 per sq. ft||lifetime / 10 year|
|Shaw Floorte Plus||12 mm||30 mil||$6.99 per sq. ft||lifetime / 20 year|
|Coretec Plus Premium||12 mm||20 mil||$7.00 – $7.50 per sq. ft||lifetime / 10 year|
|Cali Bamboo Legends||12 mm||20 mil||$6.49 per sq. ft||50 year / 15 year|
|NuCore Rigid Core 8mm||8 mm||22 mil||$3.79 per sq. ft||lifetime / 15 year|
|Republic Pure SPC||6 – 8 mm||20 mil||$3.39 – $4.59 per sq. ft||25 year / 10 year|
|Provenza MaxCore||8 mm||20 mil||$4.99 per sq. ft||lifetime / 15 year|
|Mannington Adura Max||8 mm||20 mil||$5.50 – $6.00 per sq. ft||lifetime / 10 year|
|Armstrong Luxe Plank||7.8 mm||20 mil||$4.39 – $5.39 per sq. ft||30 year / 10 year|
|Smartcore Ultra XL||7.5 mm||12 mil||$3.89 per sq. ft||lifetime / 5 year|
|LifeProof 7mm LVP||7 mm||20 mil||$4.00 – $4.99 per sq. ft||lifetime / 15 year|
|Mohawk SolidTec Plus||6 mm||20 mil||$4.35 per sq. ft||lifetime / 10 year|
|Paramount Keystone XL||5.5 mm||20 mil||$5.00 – $5.50 per sq. ft||lifetime / 15 year|
Where to Buy Coretec Grande?
Coretec Flooring is sold mainly at independent online and in-store retailers, you can find retailers using the (find a retailer tool) on Coretec’s website. Alternatively, you can shop online and have the floor delivered to your home. Znet Flooring stocks most Coretec lines for reasonable prices.
Durability is what Coretec has always been known for as a brand. However, with the Grande line, Coretec created their best and most durable vinyl plank yet and blew away the competition again.
At 15mm, the Grande line is incredibly thick, the thickest of all vinyl planks at the moment. It beats all its competitors including Shaw Floorte and Cali Bamboo on thickness. This is accompanied by an industry-leading 30 mil wear layer.
Wear layer thickness has a big impact on how long a vinyl plank lasts. Generally speaking the thicker the vinyl plank is, the more durable and sturdy it is.
Coretec also states that their flooring is waterproof meaning it can be installed in Bathrooms and is also Petproof, highly resistant to pet scratches. All of this is backed by a Lifetime Residential Warranty and a 10-year Commercial Warranty.
In terms of Vinyl Plank products, Coretec Grande is probably the best option on the market for Durability and Longevity.
We took some time to research all the Coretec Grande Reviews online and found out that the Overall Reviews are positive. As a brand Coretec has always been respected and known for durability in the eyes of the flooring community.
Most of the Coretec Grande reviews we found came from a Houzz.com post which has over 112 unique comments from customers. The overall impression of the brand in this post is positive, most people are impressed with Coretec Grande.
One of the Reviewers stated:
No problems at all. The only problem is that it is so gorgeous and durable and easy to clean that I want it in every single room of my entire house but can’t afford it! As aforementioned, the installers said it was and is tough to install. And it seems to take a long time to install because it’s so thick and difficult to work with.
There was additional waste due to the learning curve of them installing it – there’s nothing else as thick on the market. But I have 3 year old twins who are beating this floor to death and you would never know. It is so durable and gorgeous and easy to clean. Spills – no issue. I lived in a home with hardwoods on the entire first floor – never again. LVP for me forever and I have no other experience aside from Coretech Grande Empire 30 mil but I’m so glad I chose it!Review by Renee, sourced from Houzz.com
In Summary, the online customer impression of Coretec as a brand is very good. We wouldn’t worry about durability as this is the key strength of Coretec. 95% of the Coretec Grande Reviews we found are positive reviews.
Installation is simple with Coretec. Like most other Luxury Vinyl Planks, Coretec Grande can be installed using the Float method which is the most common and easiest. This includes using the brand’s angle-tap technology to lock the planks together with no need for glue or nails.
Coretec Grande can be installed straight over most structurally solid and level sub-floors that are free from moisture. This includes Wood, Concrete, Tile, and more. Coretec Grande should NOT be installed over Carpet. The line comes with pre-attached 3mm Cork underlayment meaning no extra underlay is required.
Another great thing about Coretec Grande is that it doesn’t require acclimation like most other LVP products and can be walked on straight after installation is completed.
When installing Coretec Grande you should leave at least a 1/4 inch gap to allow for expansion over time. This gap can be covered by Coretec Finish Trim. They also sell finish trims for stairs and room transitions.
Because of how thick Coretec Grande is (15mm), it may require electrical tools such as a JigSaw or a Circular Saw to smoothly and promptly cut the planks to size.
Need an Installation Quote?
Lots of our readers often complain that they can’t find flooring installers in their area. We recommend you try our free estimation tool to get at least 3 free quotes from qualified & approved installers in your area within 24 hours.
The tool is powered by Networx who have been helping people find qualified flooring installers for over 20 years.
Care & Maintenance is key to the longevity of your Coretec Grande floor. Below are some helpful cleaning tips, mistakes to avoid, and protection methods.
- Dirt and debris are abrasive to vinyl flooring, which causes scratches. Regularly vacuum your floor, especially before mopping.
- Only use vacuums listed as suitable for hard-surface floors by the manufacturer. We recommend Dyson V7 Fluffy Cordless Stick Vacuum for Hard Floors.
- When mopping, it’s vital not to over-saturate your floor. To avoid over-saturation, use a damp mop or a spray mop.
- For best results, we recommend using the Bona Premium Hardwood Floor Spray Mop, which releases a fine mist of cleaning solution with the touch of a button.
- Although some vinyl plank brands allow it, we advise you not to use a steam mop. The high temperature will cause your vinyl floor to lose its shine and become dull faster than usual.
- Always use a PH-neutral cleaning solution. You can use a water and dish soap or water and vinegar solution as long as you don’t add too much dish soap or vinegar.
- To ensure your solution is completely PH-neutral, use a professional cleaning solution such as the Bona Pro Series Luxury Vinyl Floor Cleaner.
- Avoid using Wax & Polish products. These can leave a yellow residue on your vinyl plank floor.
- If you want to fill your room with a pleasant odor, you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to your cleaning solution.
- Spillages of stain-causing liquids such as coffee, wine, and other liquor should be cleaned as soon as possible.
- Maintain a room temperature between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. This prevents excessive moisture and mold problems.
- Attache large felt pads to the legs of your furniture so your furniture can glide easily without causing scuffs and scratches.
- Place rugs in high-traffic areas such as near the living room couch.
- Office chair wheels are notoriously known for scratching vinyl plank floors. To stop this, invest in a protective chair mat or floor-friendly blade casters.
- Place walk-off doormats at house entrances to avoid bringing in dirt from outdoors, which can potentially scratch your floor.
- If you have a dog, nail trimming will prevent them from scratching the floor. Plus, most dogs like their nails to be trimmed now and then.
- Avoid wearing shoes indoors as they bring in outdoor dirt and can cause permanent scuff marks. It’s best to wear socks.
12 Charming Farmhouse Home Decor Ideas for Your Home in 2022
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn The Farmhouse Home Decor style has always been popular amongst homeowners in the US. This interior style can add tons of character to a plain-looking home,…
Pros & Cons
As with all floors, Coretec Grande does come with its Pros & Cons. However, with the Grande line, it is mostly Pros so let’s start by going through these.
Coretec Grande Pros:
- Highly Durable – Coretec Grande is probably the most durable vinyl plank range on the market right now. It beats all of its competitors on the overall thickness and wear layer thickness.
- Waterproof – The Grande range is 100% waterproof just like all other Coretec products. It can be installed in Bathrooms, Toilets and Kitchens.
- Attached Underlayment – Coretec Grande comes with its own pre-attached Cork Underlayment which is naturally resistant to mold and mildew and makes your floor feel warmer.
- Hardwood Looks – The Grande range looks almost identical to real hardwood. This is because of its incredible thickness and ultra-realistic visuals.
- Petproof & Kidproof – The brand states that the Grande range is highly resistant to scratches and denting , meaning its suitable for homes with children and pets.
- Good Online Reviews – Generally speaking, Coretec is known for their Durability and most customers are satisfied with their Coretec floor.
Coretec Grande Cons:
- Expensive – The only downside to Coretec Grande is its price. Starting at $10.99, it is one of the most expensive vinyl plank products on the market.
Style – 9 out of 10 stars
When it comes to style Coretec Grande impressed us. Although the range only comes in 10 shades of hardwood, the thickness of the planks makes them look very similar to real hardwood.
Durability – 10 out of 10 stars
As mentioned before Durability is Coretec Grande’s main strength. It’s probably the most durable vinyl plank range on the market, it gets a ten out of ten from us.
Affordability – 6.5 out of 10 stars
The major downside to Coretec Grande is its Pricing. You have to pay a premium for the high quality of the Coretec Grande range.
Overall Score – 9 out of 10 stars
Overall, the range scored an impressive 9 out of 10 stars in our Coretec Grande Review. We highly recommend Coretec Grande as it is simply the most durable Vinyl Plank product on the market in our opinion. We actually chose it as the Best Vinyl Plank of the year.
The only downside is of course the pricing, but if your budget allows it, we think you should go for it. The Grande range will last longer than other cheaper lvp products. It pays back for itself in the long run, we would expect these floors to last at least 10 years, even 20 years with the right care & maintenance measures.
What do you think of Coretec Grande? Have you had any experiences with the Brand? Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section at the bottom of the page.
Good Alternatives to Coretec Grande
Shaw Vinyl – Shaw Industries is a huge, US-based flooring company; the brand has been producing flooring for over 40 years. They offer many highly rated and fully waterproof vinyl plank flooring lines, including both hardwood and tile look styles. Most of their lvp ranges are between 8 and 12mm thick and have a durable 20mil wear layer. You can purchase some of their lines for as low as $3 per square foot, while their thickest, premium lines can set you back $9 per square foot. Whether you want a low-cost but decent-quality vinyl floor or an ultra-thick premium one, Shaw has that to offer.
Pergo Vinyl – Pergo is one of the most popular flooring brands in the US. The brand is known for inventing laminate flooring in the seventies. However, they also offer a wide selection of luxury vinyl plank flooring. Pergo Vinyl is known for being one of the most durable on the market, with ultimate scratch and water resistance. Most lines are at least 6 mm thick, have a 20 mil thick wear layer and a pre-attached underlayment pad. Furthermore, with options starting at $4 per square foot, Pergo Vinyl is relatively affordable.